2012 Event info:
All Directions originate from 3rd Street and Greenwood Ave. (also known as the intersection between highways 97 and 20)
ON-SITE Un-Punctual Registration & Packet Pick-Up
Hutch's Bicycles Westside Shop, 725 NW Columbia St., Bend. Thursday and Friday Oct. 11 & 12 from Noon to 7:00pm
- Head South on 3rd St. (Hwy 97) to Franklin Ave and turn Right.
- Head Westbound on Franklin Ave. into Downtown.
- Proceed past downtown, past Drake Park on the right, and turn right on Tumalo St., cross the river.
- Turn Right onto Columbia St. two blocks after the river.
- Hutch's has a big Mountain Biker mural next door to 7-11.
Epic Prologue - Ochoco Mountains
Rider Meeting occurs at the Ochoco Guard Station, 8:45am.
ALLOW ONE HOUR DRIVING TIME TO OCHOCO GUARD STATION FROM BEND!
- Head East on Hwy 20 E. leaving Bend toward Burns.
- 4 miles from Hwy 97, turn Left onto Powell Butte Highway, following signs to Prineville
- This road winds for 18 miles past Alfalfa road until you T into Hwy 126, Ochoco Hwy.
- Turn Right on Hwy 126 and go 11 more miles to the intersection with Hwy 26 at Prineville.
- Stay Right, through Prineville, past Ochoco reservoir staying on Hwy 26 for 17 miles.
- At the base of a long hill, Bear slight Right onto Ochoco Creek Road following signs to Walton Lake and Ochoco R.S.
- After 8 miles, park at the Ochoco Ranger Station.
Saturday Epic & Recreational
SATURDAY MORNING SHUTTLES
Century Center, 70 SW Century Drive
Mandatory Rider Meetings on board each Shuttle bus.
ONE SHUTTLE FOR BOTH EPIC & REC DEPARTS AT 6:30am
- Century Center is located off Century Drive on Bend's Westside
- Enter from Century Drive / 14th St. at U.S. Bank
- Please follow signs for BBFT parking
Saturday Night Party
CENTURY CENTER 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Live Music TBA
Cache Mountain loop, Scout Lake Day Use area
Mandatory Rider meeting at 10:45am, Ride leaves at 11:00am
ALLOW 45 MINUTES DRIVING TIME FROM BEND
- Head North out of Bend going to Sisters on Hwy 20 W.
- Continue on Hwy. 20 W. Turn Left towards the Suttle Lake Lodge.
- Keep left, passing Suttle Lake, pass Blue Bay CG and turn Left immediately after that.
- Enter the Scout Lake area on the right (paved road).